Lucy Turnbull, the Chair of the Greater Sydney Commission has advised that the Commission has achieved all of its five year target set by the government and will continue with new objectives going forward. These include:
- Leading the strategic planning of Greater Sydney, including implementation of the Greater Sydney Region Plan
- Assuring the delivery of key state and local plans
- Implementing the Western Sydney City Deal
- Leading delivery of the vision for Greater Parramatta and the Olympic Peninsula
- Delivering an effective tool for infrastructure planning through the Growth Infrastructure Compact
- Providing thought leadership on key city-making issues.