At the meeting of the Chatswood West Ward Progress Association last evening the recent departure of former Mowbray School Principal Anna Blakeney was noted. Our members asked if their tribute to Ms Blakeney could be forwarded to her. We are hoping that you can oblige.
- the sale of a small portion of land with a specific reason in mind
- securing the entire funds from the sale of land into the school’s bank account
- the subsequent utilisation of the funds to build a school hall
- negotiating with Willoughby Council to take on responsibility for the maintenance of the school oval
- negotiating with Willoughby Council for a number of school improvements including an amphitheater and upgraded play equipment
- negotiating with Willoughby Council on a variety of trafic and pedestrian safety issues and achieving solutions to the problems she outlined
- operation of the school tennis courts in such a way that the funds generate covered maintenance of the courts and cash transfers to the school account
- achieving an ‘out-of-box’ outcome by negotiating to divert federal government global financial crisis funds to the replacement and expansion of the school library
- establishment of the childcare centre within the school grounds and the retention of rents raise to the school account.
- oversight ofthe design, construction and delivery of a new school building catering for 1,000 students
- Growing the student population from the low 200s to around 600.
- construction by Willoughby Council of lights on the school oval
- securing DET grant co-funding for rooftop solar panels for the school