Casual staff: Clr. Coppock asked a question about the impact of COVID-19 on Council’s casual staff workforce.
The answer provided was:
- Casual staff at closed sites were provided with a letter setting out that due to the closure of their site or service, as a result of Government directed closures, Willoughby Council was unable to provide any shifts at the current time and that when this changed we hoped they would re-join Willoughby. A two week special payment based on average shifts was also provided to them at the discretion of the CEO. The letter extended access to Council’s Employee Assistance Program and provided links to financial and job support packages.
Council is not an eligible employer for JobKeeper subsidies.
2. No staff have been terminated due to COVID-19. 156 casual staff were issued with a no shifts letter.
3. The following is the list of location and number of casuals provided no shift letters
- Willoughby Leisure Centre 86
- Library 27
- Dougherty Centre 12
- Media, Marketing and Events 11
- Willoughby Park Centre 7
- Youth Services 7
- Environment/Open Space 4
- Zenith Theatre 2
To become or renew as a member of CWWPA before March 30, direct deposit $10* with your name in the reference field to BSB: 032090 Acct: 548083 & complete our Membership Application. *Non-refundable subject to meeting membership criteria.