A DEVELOPMENT APPLICATION HAS BEEN LODGED FOR THE EXTENSION OF OPERATING HOURS TO EXISTING PRE-SCHOOL CENTRE FROM 8:00AM UNTIL 3:30PM TO 8:00AM UNTIL 5PM, AND EXTEND OPERATIONAL PERIOD TO 50 WEEKS PER YEAR.
The application was widely notified to surrounding properties. Four submissions were received. The issues raised were:
- the existing centre causes traffic and parking issues,
- the children who attend the centre cause noise that disturbs neighbours,
- the activities of the children affect the serenity of Campbell Park,
- any extension to the hours of operation will aggravate an already unacceptable situation, and
- there is an oversupply of child care centres.
After considering the application and submissions, the Council Officer is recommending approval with the following conditions:
SCHEDULE OF CONDITIONS
1. Hours of Operation: The hours of operation of the child care centre are to be restricted to those times listed below, i.e.: Weekdays 8.00am to 5.00pm The use of the premises for the operation of the child care centre are restricted to weekdays for a total of 50 weeks per year. Any variation to these hours is to be subject to the prior consent of Council. (Reason: Amenity)
2. Scheduling the Collection of Children: The collection of children from the centre must be scheduled so that a maximum of ten children are scheduled for collection in any 30 minute period from 3.30pm until 5.00pm in order to avoid a peak collection period. (Reason: Traffic and Parking)