In responses to longstanding requests from West Ward residents, the Association has called on Willoughby Council to petition the Greater Sydney Commission (GSC) for some specific critical infrastructure. This includes:
- a substantially upgraded transport interchange at Chatswood
- additional open space across the city in response to growing population targets
- a more efficient interchange (by direct tunnel connections rather than the current plan that requires drivers to proceed via Pennant Hills Rd) to/from the M1 tunnel to the M2 motorway.
- an addition public high school within Willoughby City, perhaps on the Metro South ‘dive site’ when the site is vacated.
- upgrade of the Pacific Highway through Willoughby including resolution of the various Category ‘F’ intersections such as at Fullers Road and Mowbray Roads.
The GSC recently published a series of strategic plans covering the planned growth of northern Sydney and Willoughby going forward. If you have suggestions for other pieces of critical infrastructure, please let us know at email@example.com